Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Period" by behappy101

Period
Title: "Period"
Author: behappy101
Chapters: 11
Words: 21,071
Reviews: 439
Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Horror
Summary: A reality of female life not observed in Twilight. DARK EDWARD. Mature themes.

PERIOD. Yes, it is exactly what you think it is. WAIT, WAIT....don't run away yet....

Obviously, this fic is not for the faint of heart (or stomach). I will say this though; as repulsive as the subject matter may be under initial impression, the core issue of the story is written tastefully well and the writing is absolutely refreshing. Some of you may say, "Tasteful? How is that possible?" but I say to you, look to the realities of the Twilight story. This may be, for lack of a better word, gross, but it IS a reasonable topic (however taboo the material) and this story addresses an issue within the Twilight storyline that Stephenie Meyer conveniently skirted with a
simple, one line explanation. I'm not bashing on SMeyer, because for obvious reasons, this is a topic that she should not mess about
with as the fandom majority would have a proverbial cow. I, however, find it intriguing and stimulating at how realistically the author is able to portray, describe, and resolve this fundamental issue that would (or should) otherwise be avoided like the plague.

Kelsey does an amazing job of describing our beloved Edward, lost to his thirst, and transformed into a formidable vampire monster right before Bella's eyes. "Hello. Edward's not here anymore, please leave your message at the BITE." UNGH.

In all seriousness, I often found it highly improbable for Edward to be able to essentially 'turn off' his thirst for Bella, and always secretly desired to see him lose his carefully perfected control. Well, this story certainly quells THAT craving. She wonderfully contrasts Bella's feelings of fear/terror and desire/lust as they also coalesce in a very realistic way. Her use of brief flashbacks parallelling certain moments in the story provide meaning and significance to Edward's actions and Bella's reactions and tie everything together beautifully.

Again, if you can get past the macabre plot content, this is a HIGHLY desirable and INTENSELY DARK Edward....did I mention INTENSE? You WILL breathe heavy reading this story, whether you like it or not. Personally, I did not find as much offense as I expected with this topic. It is certainly not along the lines of mutilation, torture and gore (which is where my limits lie), and with the caliber of the writing and overtly sexual constitution, the story was very easy to digest, and intrinsically HOT AS HELL.

That being said, I urge you to push your limits and give this story a go around....you will NOT be dissapointed....that is, if you're looking for a deeply dark, dichotomistic, dominating Darkward drowning in his vampiric and carnal desires.....yes, if that is you, then this is your story!

NOW, GO AND READ MY LITTLE MASOCHISTS, GO AND READ.

XOXO
~JO~


4 comments:

  1. Jesus Fucking Christ!!!!Period is hot than Hell God i love it!!!! I always tought about that subject, the Bella period and let me tell you that the Meyer answer is vague but with this fic I actually thing now that te period is sexy I dont know why maybe and insane. In this fic I love this Edward because is so pushy to make Bella do what he want, that phrase you got yours now is time for ours" is just amazing..."well im gonna stop babbling about it and just say EXCELENT RECOMENDATION!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you giving up? I'm making my way through your current faves at the moment, but what will I do when I finish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm sorry! No, I am absolutely NOT giving up. I've had some pretty serious RL fail recently, so I do apologize for leaving you all hanging, but the blog WILL be updated tomorrow and I'll have a new rec on the PPSS.

    Thanks for being patient!

    XOXO
    ~JO~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I have to say I always wondered about Bella being around the Cullens when she was on, especially Jasper. This should be interesting

    ReplyDelete