Sunday, May 10, 2009

"All The Pretty Corpses" by Daddy's Little Cannibal

All The Pretty Corpses
Chapters: 12
Words: 26,343
Reviews: 721
Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Horror
Summary: COMPLETE Bella Swan is a siren to the vampires. They come far and wide to hear her beautiful voice. NOT a song fic. BXE Darker side of Stephenie's vampires.


I want to take a moment this week to highlight an amazingly creative spirit whose presence will be sadly missed within this fandom.

Daddy's Little Cannibal (aka Stephanie) wrote some of the most original and creatively inspiring stories in the genre of Twilight. At only 18 years old, her presence in the fandom was staggering, winning award after award for her amazingly inventive creations, and the talent she weilded held the stature of a seasoned author.

All The Pretty Corpses was one of the very first dark fics that I had the pleasure of reading, and I would have to say, helped kick start my obsession with the darker side of Twilight.

Though this story is not necessarily DARKward specific, it is certainly dark and worth the read. DLC captured an amazingly original AU and even more amazingly original characterizations.

Bella does not fall in love with Edward. Edward is not your typical brooding protector. Her life is a tragedy and their interaction is unique, scary, sad, and comical. The end of this story is not happy, but it is perfection, and DLC's unapologetic writing shines through in the finality of it.

This is a very short read, and completely worth your time. I hope you will take a few moments to read through this and some of DLC's other stories, which are all stellar.

R.I.P. Stephanie.

See Bronzehairedgirl620's profile for more information.

XOXO
~JO~


3 comments:

  1. You might want to edit this post. She's alive and well, faked her death to walk away from fanfic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I just found out today that she faked her death. I mean, really??? She could have had other people finish her work if she didn't want to be on fanfic anymore... Jeez, I went depressed for a day for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh... yeah, I should really delete this stupid post. I'll get to it, eventually. She's not the only one who's done this and honestly, it confuses the hell out of me. I don't get the point, other than they're fucking retarded and enjoy hurting people.

    ReplyDelete